Tim’s Tiger Super Six Blog
My name is Tim and this is a Blog about my Tiger Super Six. I’m using this blog to keep track of the work I do and what I learn about the car as I do it. I’ll hopefully be out on a few track days soon and will post about that too. I’m new to Tigers, new to mechanics and new to Blogging so it’s going to be a journey for me!
So I’ve started to tackle a bit of the bodywork aiming for a spruce up ahead of something a bit more thorough next winter. The nose cone is full of scuffs and scratches like those in the picture above. I’m on a bit of a missions to get as many of them out as I […]
One of the great things about owning a Tiger is the amazing community. It’s big enough to have all the answers, but small enough to care and feel a part of. I had the opportunity to give a little back yesterday when I met a top bloke called Bob who is thinking about buying himself […]
I’ll post updates about what I get up to with the car (on and off track) but for the technical stuff there are three lists below. As times goes by I’ll build up a series of pages that chronical the work done, the problems encountered and the solutions created. Useful for me and perhaps useful for others too!
Jobs still to do
- Address the scratches on the nose cone (Done 20/02/2020)
- Refresh the headlamps and fix the wiring (Done 08/02/2020)
- Replace off side upper ball joint (Done 15/01/2020)
- Service the brakes and callipers (Done 15/01/2020)
- Replace front shocks (Done 09/11/2019)
- Take off the wheels (Done 26/10/19)
- Investigate cooling issues (and leak) (Done 02/10/2019)
- Replace rubber exhaust mounts (Done 03/09/2019)
- Take the car to a mechanic for an inspection (Done 27/08/19)
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.