Tim’s Tiger Super Six Blog
My name is Tim and this is a Blog about my Tiger Super Six. I’m using this blog to keep track of the work I do and what I learn about the car as I do it. I’ll hopefully be out on a few track days soon and will post about that too. I’m new to Tigers, new to mechanics and new to Blogging so it’s going to be a journey for me!
So first a bit about the car!
I bought my Tiger at the end of August 2019. The car didn’t come with a wealth of history because it had a build blog on PistonHeads.com. I haven’t yet been able to find this blog (I hope I do!) but I will share what I discover about the car as I go.
Here’s the basics. The car was first registered in 2003 and initially had a pinto engine. The pinto let go at a track (the best ending for an engine) and a 2.0L Ford Zetec engine was added as a replacement. The Zetec has had twin 45 Weber carburettors and a modified sump has been fitted. This was done three or four years ago. Since then the car has only done 1,300 miles. I suspect that there is an upgraded head and something has been done with the cams as well but I’m not sure. Best estimation of horsepower is 150 – 155 bhp.
As I find out more about the car, and do upgrades myself, I’ll update this page here.
I’ll post updates about what I get up to with the car (on and off track) but for the technical stuff there are three lists below. As times goes by I’ll build up a series of pages that chronical the work done, the problems encountered and the solutions created. Useful for me and perhaps useful for others too!
- Replacing the hazard switch and fabricating a new dash insert for the button.
- Conversion from Weber 45s to ITBs… eek!
- Replacing side and rear view mirrors.
Jobs still to do
- Geometry and suspension setup
- Replace gear box oil
- Replace differential oil
- Investigate battery isolator switch
- Tidy up body work
- Re-wrap exhaust (Done 05/07/2021)
- Strip and clean fuel system (Done 17/05/2021)
- Replace or fix front indicator (Done 03/05/2021)
- Oil and filter change (Done 29/09/2020 – 2851 miles)
- Replace the worn gear lever boot (Done 02/05/2020)
- Address the scratches on the nose cone (Done 20/02/2020)
- Refresh the headlamps and fix the wiring (Done 08/02/2020)
- Replace off side upper ball joint (Done 15/01/2020)
- Service the brakes and callipers (Done 15/01/2020)
- Replace front shocks (Done 09/11/2019)
- Take off the wheels (Done 26/10/19)
- Investigate cooling issues (and leak) (Done 02/10/2019)
- Replace rubber exhaust mounts (Done 03/09/2019)
- Take the car to a mechanic for an inspection (Done 27/08/19)
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.