Tim’s Tiger Super Six Blog
My name is Tim and this is a Blog about my Tiger Super Six. I’m using this blog to keep track of the work I do and what I learn about the car as I do it. I’ll hopefully be out on a few track days soon and will post about that too. I’m new to Tigers, new to mechanics and new to Blogging so it’s going to be a journey for me!
Okay so I’ve updated the brake and ball joint pages as both jobs are done! This is an important milestone as everything that would stop me from driving the car on a track is now addressed and the car should get through it’s MOT in April. I’m planning to get out at the weekend (weather […]
My word… over a month since I last posted! Work has been a bit busy and then I was away over Christmas so I’ve been concentrating on the car rather than the posting. The hardware sent through with the kit was too long and I needed some spacers to get the callipers central on the […]
I’ll post updates about what I get up to with the car (on and off track) but for the technical stuff there are three lists below. As times goes by I’ll build up a series of pages that chronical the work done, the problems encountered and the solutions created. Useful for me and perhaps useful for others too!
- No jobs under way at the moment… I’m either waiting for parts or the money to buy them! I might even be driving the car!
Jobs still to do
- Replace off side upper ball joint (Done 15/01/2020)
- Service the brakes and callipers (Done 15/01/2020)
- Replace front shocks (Done 09/11/2019)
- Investigate cooling issues (and leak) (Done 02/10/2019)
- Replace rubber exhaust mounts (Done 03/09/2019)
- Take the car to a mechanic for an inspection (Done 27/08/19)
- Take off the wheels (Done 26/10/19)
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.