Tim’s Tiger Super Six Blog
My name is Tim and this is a Blog about my Tiger Super Six. I’m using this blog to keep track of the work I do and what I learn about the car as I do it. I’ll hopefully be out on a few track days soon and will post about that too. I’m new to Tigers, new to mechanics and new to Blogging so it’s going to be a journey for me!
So first a bit about the car!
I bought my Tiger at the end of August 2019. The car didn’t come with a wealth of history because it had a build blog on PistonHeads.com. I haven’t yet been able to find this blog (I hope I do!) but I will share what I discover about the car as I go.
Here’s the basics. The car was first registered in 2003 and initially had a pinto engine. The pinto let go at a track (the best ending for an engine) and a 2.0L Ford Zetec engine was added as a replacement. The Zetec has had twin 45 Weber carburettors and a modified sump has been fitted. This was done three or four years ago. Since then the car has only done 1,300 miles. I suspect that there is an upgraded head and something has been done with the cams as well but I’m not sure. Best estimation of horsepower is 150 – 155 bhp.
As I find out more about the car, and do upgrades myself, I’ll update this page here.
Spent some time today installing a new USB port to replace the 12v cigarette lighter. This will let me charge my phone to keep googlemaps charged up when we can finally get out and about. Did quite a bit of wiring which wasn’t needed because I could reuse the connectors from the existing 12v socket. […]
So the material is here and I’m on with the gear boot. Really pleased with the material which I’ll link to when I write the job page. Traced the old pieces on to the new material.: Cut them out: And started stitching them: It’ll take a few evenings for me finish it off.
I’ll post updates about what I get up to with the car (on and off track) but for the technical stuff there are three lists below. As times goes by I’ll build up a series of pages that chronical the work done, the problems encountered and the solutions created. Useful for me and perhaps useful for others too!
- No many jobs underway at the moment. I can’t get to the car very much because of the lockdown…
Jobs still to do
- Replace the worn gear lever boot (Done 02/05/2020)
- Address the scratches on the nose cone (Done 20/02/2020)
- Refresh the headlamps and fix the wiring (Done 08/02/2020)
- Replace off side upper ball joint (Done 15/01/2020)
- Service the brakes and callipers (Done 15/01/2020)
- Replace front shocks (Done 09/11/2019)
- Take off the wheels (Done 26/10/19)
- Investigate cooling issues (and leak) (Done 02/10/2019)
- Replace rubber exhaust mounts (Done 03/09/2019)
- Take the car to a mechanic for an inspection (Done 27/08/19)
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.